SUPERVISED BY: Pastor
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full Time
EMPLOYMENT AT WILL
Description: Looking for a personable, approachable, faithful, and detail-oriented person to fill the position of Business Manager. The ability to multi-task, while maintaining a spirit of hospitality, confidentiality and managing administrative and custodian support, is essential in this role. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, a good problem solver and organized. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is key to success in this role. Must have knowledge of the Catholic Church with a good understanding of essential Catholic practices.
The Business Manager is responsible to the Principal of all matters of business administration and financial control of the Parish including annual budget, cash flow, fees collections, grants, and payment of accounts and property matters.
In the areas of budget preparation and financial planning the Business Manager shall be a liaise with the Pastor, school principal, school business manager and members of the Finance Council.
The Business Manager is required to attend Parish Council’s members meeting as adviser to the financial, compliance and parish and school matters.
The Business Manager is responsible for managing the macro financial, property and administrative functions of the parish.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Business Manager of Our Lady of Sorrows Church will handle all duties as assign including, but not limited to the following:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of accounting.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to create a welcoming environment.
• Must have ability to honor and maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to appropriately represent the parish as first point of contact for business matters for the pastors.
• Ability to work collaboratively in support of staff and volunteer members of parish team.
• Ability to organize, prioritize, and utilize effective time management techniques.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Ability to carry out multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Ability to follow instructions in verbal or written format.
• Ability to plan and organize work effectively and efficiently with others.
• Organizational skills and problem-solving skills.
• Compliance with Diocese of Brownsville Ethics & Integrity in Ministry policies within 30 days of hire.
• Commitment to the mission of Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic Church and School.
• Working knowledge of Catholic teachings and liturgies.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting preferred.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in an management position, with church ministry background preferred. • Proficient computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligible employees of the Diocese of Brownsville are provided a wide range of benefits. A number of the programs (such as social security, worker’s compensation) cover all employees in the manner prescribed by law.
Benefits eligibility is dependent upon a variety of factors, including employee classification. Your supervisor can identify the programs for which you are eligible. Details of many of these programs can be found elsewhere in the employee handbook.
Some benefit programs require contributions from the employee such as insurance benefits, but most are fully paid by the Diocese of Brownsville.
The Diocese of Brownsville does not offer continuation of insurance coverage (COBRA) at termination of employment.
For more information visit the Diocese of Brownsville web site: www.cdob.org